What is Dawg Walk? Do we actually walk dogs?
No, we don’t walk real dogs. Dawg Walk is the M-S PTO’s annual fundraiser culminating in a celebration at each school where all of our Bulldog students, aka the “Dawgs”, participate in a school-spirit filled walk, dance party, and see the principals get a pie in the face. We hold this single direct donation fundraiser to maximize the amount of money coming back to our students and schools and to avoid asking students to sell products like popcorn or gift wrap.
Where do our Dawg Walk donations go?
Each school has identified a “big ticket” item for M-S PTO to fund from Dawg Walk 2022 proceeds (may require several years of fundraising depending on costs):
- Middletown Prairie: Additions to the playground
- Lincoln Trail: New ADA-compliant playground equipment to replace/supplement aging equipment
In addition, all M-S PTO programs are funded with Dawg Walk proceeds. This includes:
- Birthday Books
- STEM Enrichment
- Teacher Allocations
- Staff Appreciation
- Book Fairs
- HANDS Around the World
- School Celebrations
- Family Engagement Events
- Additional Classroom and School-Wide Programs and Initiatives
Important Dawg Walk 2022 Dates
- Wednesday, August 31st: Presentation shown to students and collection envelopes sent home, online fundraising link emailed
- Envelopes & Money Due
- Monday, September 12th: Send your student’s completed envelope to school with them this day. The online platform will no longer accept donations donations. All fundraising students need to turn in their envelope this day.
- Dawg Walk Celebrations
- Will include walking and a dance party with a DJ! Kids will also get a popsicle to cool off. Family is welcome to join in the celebrations, which will be held during school hours. Exact times to be announced prior to the celebrations.
- Lincoln Trail: Friday, October 14th
- Middletown Prairie: Friday, September 30th
Ready to Fundraise?
- Online Donations
- Each student will receive a unique fundraising link via our fundraising platform, 99Pledges.
- Fundraising links will be emailed to the head of household’s email address on file with the school by August 31st.
- Share your fundraising link via email or social media to anyone you would like to donate!
- Checks and Cash
- Turn in all cash and checks in your student’s Dawg Walk Collection Envelope.
- Please make out checks to M-S PTO.
- Collection Envelopes
- Fill out all the student information at the top of the envelope.
- Make sure to select your student’s choice of prize at the $50 level.
- All students who fundraise must return the Dawg Walk Collection Envelope to their classroom teacher even if funds are raised online only.
**Dawg Walk 2022 Donations are due by Monday, September 12th**
Dawg Walk 2022 Prizes
1st Level: 0 – $49
Dawg Walk T-shirt
2nd Level: $50 – $99
Dawg Walk Water Bottle
OR Sports Headband
3rd Level: $100 – $149
Blue LED Frisbee
4th Level: $150 – $249
Bulldog Plush Hat
5th Level: $250+
Build a Barkley Kit
Top Earner from each grade
Top 5 Earners from each school
Top Overall Earner from each school
Class w/top % participation at each school
**Dawg Walk 2022 Donations MUST be received by Monday, September 12th in order to count for prizes!**
Email all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org