What is Dawg Walk? Do we actually walk dogs?
No, we don’t walk real dogs. Dawg Walk is the M-S PTO’s annual fundraiser culminating in a celebration at each school where all of our Bulldog students, aka the “Dawgs”, participate in a school-spirit filled walk, dance party, and see the principals get a pie in the face. We hold this single direct donation fundraiser to maximize the amount of money coming back to our students and schools and to avoid asking students to sell products like popcorn or gift wrap.
Where do our Dawg Walk donations go?
Each school identifies a “big ticket” item or project for M-S PTO to fund from the Dawg Walk proceeds (may require several years of fundraising depending on costs).
2023 Dawg Walk Fund Projects:
- Middletown Prairie: Additions to the playground
- Lincoln Trail: New ADA-compliant playground equipment to replace/supplement aging equipment. Multi-year fundraising in progress.
In addition, all M-S PTO programs are funded with Dawg Walk proceeds. This includes:
- Birthday Books
- STEM Enrichment
- Teacher Allocations
- Staff Appreciation
- Book Fairs
- HANDS Around the World
- School Celebrations
- Family Events
- Additional Classroom and School-Wide Programs and Initiatives
Students can raise money either through online donations or by collecting cash or checks. Students raising certain amounts will receive prizes and those who meet the top goals will experience fun events at the school.
M-S PTO uses the 99pledges fundraising website to collect online donations. This site charges no fees other than those charged by the credit card companies, so nearly all the donation goes directly to the schools.
- Each student will have their own specific URL to collect donations.
- The custom fundraising link for your student will be sent to each head of household’s email address on file with the school.
- If you have not received an email with your student’s URL first check your spam folders. If it is not there, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your student’s name and teacher.
- Links can be shared electronically via social media and email.
- All donations must be received by the end of the day September 11th to count towards prizes.
Students may also collect cash or checks for the fundraiser.
- Students will receive a fundraising envelope from their teacher on August 28th.
- Checks should be made out to M-S PTO
- Fill out the information on the top of the envelope to ensure your student receives credit for their fundraising.
- Students should turn in their envelopes to their teacher by September 11th to receive full credit towards prizes.
|$0 – $49||Dawg Walk T-Shirt|
|$50 – $99||Squishy Pen |
|$100 – $149||Light-up Football |
|$150 – $249||Winter Stocking Cap|
|$250 +||Embroidered Bulldog Blanket|
|Top Earner from Each Grade||Throw a Pie at the Principals |
|Top 5 Earners at Each School||Kickball Game vs. Principals and School Staff|
|Top Overall Earner from Each School||Principal for the Day including special lunch|
|Class with Highest % Participation at Each School||Glow Party + Class hosts stuffed Barkley the Bulldog for the year|
Important Dawg Walk 2023 Dates
- August 28th: Fundraising Begins
- September 11th: All online donations should be in and envelopes returned to school
- September 22nd: Middletown Prairie Dawg Walk Celebration
- October 13th: Lincoln Trail Dawg Walk Celebration
Email all questions to email@example.com