M-S PTO depends on volunteers to ensure that all the activities like Dawg Walk, Book Fair, Staff Appreciation, and many others are planned and run efficiently. We are in search of enthusiastic individuals who can help lead our many committees with the executive board during the 2023-2024 school year.
Descriptions of open Committee Chair positions are listed below. If you are interested in becoming a Committee Chair or finding out more information about the available positions, please fill out the form below and we will contact you.
Available 2023-2024 Committee Chair & Coordinator Positions
- Book Fair Co-Chair: Co-lead the book fair, held twice a year in October and March. Includes preparing book fair materials, communication with staff about book fair specifics, scheduling class previews, sales, and volunteer needs, and planning with the book fair committee. 2 MPE Co-Chair positions available
- Communications Chair: Lead a team to facilitate communications between the PTO, schools, & families in our district. The communications committee is responsible for publishing a monthly PTO newsletter, managing the PTO social media account and website.
- Family Events Chair: – Lead a team of parents and principals to facilitate fun social and/or educational events (ex. Glow Bingo, Movie Night, etc) throughout the year for each school’s students and their families. 1 MPE Chair & 1 LT Chair position available
- Grade Coordinator: Provide grade specific communications to parents and staff from the PTO. Share PTO communications & volunteer needs to grade level parent groups on social media. Work with the building executive to provide support for school-specific PTO events. 1 position per grade – specific grade availability pending
- MPE Reading Incentive Coordinator: Collaborate with MPE Literacy Committee to facilitate the MPE reading incentive program. Design, copy, and distribute reading shapes monthly to teachers. Gather incentives from local businesses & restaurants.
- Spirit Wear Chair: Lead a team to select a vendor, designs, and spirit wear/items. The spirit wear committee coordinates sales of spirit items online and at PTO events and helps to distribute items as needed.
- Staff Appreciation Chair: Coordinate ways to show our appreciation for staff of the schools throughout the year. 1 MPE Chair & 1 LT Chair position available
- STEM Co-Chair: Lead a team of parents & teachers to incorporate supplemental Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math related programs or experiences in the schools. 1 Co-Chair position available
- Volunteer Coordinator: Create and manage online sign-ups for various PTO and school events or needs. Work with communications committee and grade coordinators to advertise sign-up links. Recruit additional volunteers as needed.